Monday, November 28, 2016

DAY 1. Here we go!

Today I started Isagenix's 30-Day Cleanse and Fat-burning System.  I don't REALLY need to lose weight.  My goal is just to feel better and have more energy.  But if I happen to lost 10 lb I won't miss it!

First of all, here's my "Before".  (I don't have a picture yet but will try to get up the nerve to put one up soon.) 
  • Measurements --  Weight: 126.  Waist:  30.5".  Hips:  38"
  • Usual Diet – No breakfast except V8 Fusion/Energy.  Lunch maybe a PBJ sandwich but usually a handful of crackers or chips or other snack, if anything.  Dinner whatever the family is having—often pasta, potatoes, burritos or other carb-laden food.  1-2 caffeinated sodas per week.  Not nearly enough water.  Sweets and processed snack foods whenever available, which is too often.  Snacking late at night, usually something unhealthy.  (Pretty pathetic, right??)
  • Physically – tired and “lazy”, don’t want to exercise.  Digestion normal but often feel gassy or bloated.  Rarely sleep all night without waking up at least once.  Often wake up in the morning feeling anxious and/or from a nightmare.  Small but unwanted layer of fat around my waist and hips.  Hot flashes several times a day/night (normal due to age, I know).  Right hip bothering me for several months... not sure the IsaShakes are going to help with that, want to try the Joint Support tablets eventually.
  • Emotionally – periods of anxiety and sadness, not every day but often and pretty severe.  Don’t really want to do anything.  Messy cluttered house stresses me out big time.  Anxiety also triggered easily by children responsibility, marital conflict, money issues, etc.  Could be typical menopausal mood swings.
So here we go.

Day 1 – November 28, 2016

8:00 A.M. – Strawberry IsaLean shake mixed with 4oz V-8 Fusion & 4oz water.  Tastes pretty good. 

10:00 A.M. – Ionix Supreme "tea" drink.  Not delicious, but not bad.  Was supposed to drink it before the shake this morning but didn’t read the instructions 'til just now.  I can have a snack mid-morning but it’s already 10:00 and I don’t feel hungry yet, so think I’ll skip that and have lunch in an hour or so.

Noon – No mid-morning snack.  Strawberry IsaLean shake for lunch.  Mixed with just cold water.  I liked it!  Kinda reminded me of Burger King shakes.  Also lots of water.  My goal is at LEAST two 32-oz bottles per day.  Should do four but probably won’t.

3:00 P.M. – IsaDelight Salted Carmel Chocolate for a snack.  Mmm, they're yummy, but too small.  I don’t really feel hungry, but wanting to give in to the habit of looking for an unhealthy snack about this time of day.  I get to have a full meal for dinner so I guess I can wait 'til then.

6:00 P.M.  – Chicken breast (lemon pepper) and rice with cream of chicken sauce, mixed frozen veggies.  Ate 'til I was full, then rinsed my plate.  :) 

10:30 P.M. – Feeling a little snackish but have been drinking water (managed 3 bottles today) and not really craving anything.  I’ll just take my IsaFlush capsule and go to bed.  J

I felt pretty good today.  Emotionally clear, slightly “blue” at dinner time but not bad.  Energy level was about normal, I got a lot of stuff done.

1 down, 29 to go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment